Thread: Who Else Is Going To Play The Wii U Demos @ Best Buy?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who Else Is Going To Play The Wii U Demos @ Best Buy?

Im going, itll take a few hours on the bus to get across town. :/ But I want to play these games a lot, especially Mario Kart.

Its going today and saturday for 4 hours, but only at some locations.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

not bothering, have them playable all the time, maybe I'll go.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went today. Got there at 4:15 and the waiting list for playing was already out past 6:30. The 10-15 Luigi hats were already claimed when I got there. I did get a few Mario Kart flags as 'loot'... some with Mario, some with Luigi. After playing the Wii U you'd get a Nintendo coin.

Playing time was pretty well organized. Anyone that wanted to play was added to the waiting list with a 10 minute block of play time. You could allow additional player(s) during your 10 minutes, so groups of friends could play multiplayer together during each of their chosen games as Player 1. Only 1 Wii U was available running the four E3 demos on a large screen. Playing through a demo usually took less than 10 minutes so the waiting list moved along pretty quickly. A few 3DS systems were available for play at the loot table while waiting but they weren't showing anything new... Luigi's Mansion and DKC.

Almost everyone was choosing Mario 3D World or Mario Kart 8. Both games are geared towards multiplayer so it was a very friendly and social 'event' with most people inviting friends/strangers to join in for their 10 minutes.

The local Nintendo reps kept everything flowing and were very friendly and chatty.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got there at 2:30, and the ladies came in as me and 7 other guys were standing around. It wouldnt start for a while so I left and ate at a near by restaurant. When I got back it was 3:37, and the crowd had more than doubled, but the women recognized me from earlier so I was one of 25 who got the Luigi coin, WIN! I didnt know to sign up to play, and when it came for me to play I got the last Luigi hat. WIN! I also got the Kart flag, a Sticker Star Sticker Book, and the Wii U hand out guide which is pretty common now.

It did get a tad boring since most people were playing Mario Kart and 3D Land, but I really really really loved seeing those, and Ill get those when I buy a Wii U, 3D Land is great with a 2D screen, adds a challenge but doesnt make it hard. Only one guy who drove around 2 hours to get there to play games played Wind Waker, until the end when everyone was playing it because so many people didnt.

The first guy to choose the nonboss fight crashed Wind Waker, we think it was because he swam in a part of the water that he wasnt supposed to go to and there was a hole he fit through since he wasnt in the ship. The second guy who played that area had a ship and he got a message saying he couldnt venture further away. The glitch was interesting, like Link was trapped in time and days and nights were flashing by in nano seconds, then the camera changed 3 angles and the sound went into a white noise scream. Everyone was laughing and clapping he found a epic glitch. Dont know if theyve known of this before, but hopefully they fix it.

Im gonna go back Saturday, I think the Wii U is worth owning for 3D Land, Mario Kart 8 and the new Sonic game I saw at E3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Nintendo should have released those demos on the eshop... just to tell their customers that good stuff is coming.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Nintendo should have released those demos on the eshop... just to tell their customers that good stuff is coming.
    Theyll eventually do that, this was a cool thing I think, brought a good amount of people together. And we got gifts.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Nintendo needs to sell WiiUs and putting them on eShop only helps those who already OWN them. If I were them, my idea would be week long demo events at every local Gamestop kills two birds with one stone for us cause A) we get to finally update those horrible kiosks with much better content to play with than Rayman Legends for the 566th bazillionth time and B) everyone has a Gamestop 5-30 minutes from their home therefore exposing your product to a wider-ranging, more convenient audience since GS has one of the biggest market share in video game retail thus has greater exposure than Best Buy. I asked a Nintendo rep that at my local Best Buy and they said they're too low on totem pole to know anything.....not even knowledge on a price drop. :P
    Last edited by Press_Start; 06-13-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    I asked a Nintendo rep that at my local Best Buy and they said they're too low on totem pole to know anything.....not even knowledge on a price drop. :P
    So, you told the NOA rep at Best Buy that having their event was a bad idea? I bet they just didnt want to talk about business. I wanted to ask how they got hired by Nintendo, but I didnt want to seem "fanboyish", so I was just nice in general.

Part of the reason, or a big part of the reason they went with Best Buy is because so many people who go to Game Stop dont want to play Nintendo, so nongaming people walk into Best Buy and they see all these people gathered around the Wii U having a good time gets them to want one. There were a ton of people who walked into the Best Buy where I was who didnt play games ask what we were doing. One Xbox guy who looked like he finally left the house after smoking bowels for 2 weeks was like "wait.....Nintendo.......noooo........agh" and walked away, it took him 2 minutes to put together what me and another guy were saying and he went over to the Xbox stuff.

What else did you do there? Did you get a hat? What game did you play?

I played the Donkey Kong game wit ha guy, I didnt like it compared to the others, on Saturday Ill make sure I play Mario Kart and 3D Land with others.
    Last edited by JakeM; 06-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This plays into the major glitch I talked about above.
    http://kotaku.com/heres-why-sailing-...elda-513171965

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If you plan to go be wary of MicroSoft's trolls:

http://haverzine.com/2013/06/13/micr...rience-events/
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That one guy I mentioned may have been one, but he had already spent the whole night and first half of the day smokin bowels and just barely got dressed, didnt do his hair, and then forgot he was supposed to actually say something besides ".......Nintendo......no!"......

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Signed up, but wasn't going to wait to play three hours for games that honestly don't look all that impressive. I left after the stench from other people in the area became unbearable.

At least I got some StreetPasses, but I really think Nintendo should just put these demos on the eShop.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    At least I got some StreetPasses, but I really think Nintendo should just put these demos on the eShop.
    3D Land is really really fun.

The point of putting them in stores is to attract more than Nintendo people to the games. If your kid or your self see a ton of people having fun with these then itll be more on their radar.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    So, you told the NOA rep at Best Buy that having their event was a bad idea? I bet they just didnt want to talk about business. I wanted to ask how they got hired by Nintendo, but I didnt want to seem "fanboyish", so I was just nice in general.
    No, I asked him if what you just said was the most obnoxious, braindead, out-of-context statement he ever heard then. No, he told me this was:

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Part of the reason, or a big part of the reason they went with Best Buy is because so many people who go to Game Stop dont want to play Nintendo...
    No, I plainly and calmy asked the rep if Gamestop stores will also be getting these E3 demos sometime later in July or August and he told me he had very little knowledge behind the scenes answering with the usual "check the Nintendo website" response I got from all the Nintendo reps there. Satisfied?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/