Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
I already consider the PS2/Xbox/GC generation to be retro. it's two hardware cycles ago. I think the only reason we don't recognize that era as retro is because the last generation cycle lasted so friggin long.
Well, it took me a while to recognize the PS1 and N64 as retro also. Not till recently. 6 or 7 years ago anything post-SNES, to me, couldn't be classic gaming. But I think the 6th gen systems are classic systems today. What's deceptive to people is that there's not as big a jump, I don't think, between generations. I mean, the difference between the NES and PS1, I think, is way bigger than that between PS2 and PS4, in terms of the game styles, and even graphically. Sure there's a big difference, but not like back then.

I get lotsa nostalgia from my PS2 games, GTA3 and Vice City in particular. If they give me that fuzzy feeling of nostalgia, they're classic systems to me. And I have a field day collecting for all 4 of those systems. Yes, I said 4 cuz the Dreamcast counts. I hope people keep ignoring them actually so the prices for games don't skyrocket like they always do. I like things how they are now, where u can buy the whole Jak & Daxter trilogy for less than 10 bucks.