All I have to say about that is: lol RetroArch. That thing is such a mess. At least on Ouya it is. but whatever. Not gonna pay that any attention. Emulators are open source. I'm not certain these guys have any right to be angry or more importantly, that anyone but them should care about this in the slightest.

I've had some time this afternoon with 2.0 beta 6 and like I see for the most part.

Since it would seem like Hyperkin is actually listening, there are still some issues I'd like fixed and additional features added.

I'll be as specific as possible so that these changes can be made swiftly.

Clock Speed Adjustments

Allow the user to adjust the speed of the emulated CPU of each console. Some games have slowdown when played at the default clockspeed while other games are much too difficult when played at the default clockspeed.

Add in an option to adjust each of the emulated CPUs: the 2A03, 5A22, 68000, SMS Z80, 4Mhz GB Z80, 8Mhz GBC Z80 and ARM7TDMI.
Allow users to adjust the speed as a percentage:

50% (half speed)
75% (three quarters speed)
100% (default normal speed)
110%
125%
150%
200% (double normal speed)
and finally let the last option be a user defined speed up to 400% (four times normal speed). Make three columns (hundreds, tens, ones) and let the user define their own values by pressing up or down on the d-pad to insert a value between 001 through 400.

Place a disclaimer that adjusting CPU clock speed can cause games to glitch or crash, and different games on the same console have different tolerances to clock speed manipulation. If Hyperkin wants to look at an emulator that does this perfectly, look at MasterBoy - a GameBoy/Color/SMS/GameGear emulator for PSP. The Z80 clockspeed adjustment there works flawlessly.

GameBoy Advance-enhanced GameBoy Color games

Towards the end of its life, several of the final GameBoy Color games produced had additional content unlockable when played on a GameBoy Advance. The Retron5 currently runs GBC games without the option to play them with the GBA emulator core, so none of these enhanced features can be accessed. PLease change this by adding the option to run GBC games on the GBA core.

In Game Specific Settings of Beta 6, there is a toggle for Hardware type from Auto, GB, CGB (this should be renamed GBC for clarity), and finally SGB. Please add in GBA here so when selected GBC games run through the GBA core and can thus have their additional extra features.

Super GameBoy Enhanced Sound

For a few games such as Donkey Kong '94, the Super GameBoy worked in conjunction with the Super Nintendo hardware to provide additional sound. For example, in Donkey Kong '94, Pauline would scream for help in a voice clip not present if you play the game on any other format. The Latest build does have SGB support and even has the SGB borders (a nice touch for those who want them), but the audio still does not play.

Misc changes:

When playing a game, the "Game Menu", including "Game Specific Settings" should be entirely incorporated in with the menu that first pops up called the "In-Game Menu". It is clunky to navigate these three different menus when you just want to adjust something when you play.

Leave the "Game Menu" from the main menu untouched, but duplicate the functions it has with the "In-Game menu" where there currently is the options like load state, save state, etc.

I will list additional change requests in the future, but for now I'm going to leave it at this.