Thread: Who's the Youngest with a Complete Nes Collection?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In no way am i trying to bash you guys by saying this but I find it VERY interesting that you were only 20 when you finished your collection. This is for a system that came out when you were only what 1 years old when it came out?? Thats really impressive that you respect the classics. But I guess its the same with movies, for example, I was born in 79 and I like star wars that came out in what 77? Congrats guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot man, see thats what im saying i kinda thought it was kinda cool as well to still be a semi kid and have almost all of em lol. i was born in january 1986. So yea i guess it kinda is like im collecting for a system thats about as old as me lol. never really thought of it like that, but it does sound pretty neat in a dorky way. haha. As for the other question about how>> well i was waiting to tell my whole story when i actually finish it, but for a quick sum up of things, i got my first nintendo when i was like 4, had about 10 or 15 games, sold it off at a yard sale when i was like 9 and then moved on to the snes, and n64, sega saturn, genesis. had em all when i was a kid. But then started downloading roms when i was 17 and playing the old classics, then got a top load for christmas in i think 2004. Picked up like 20 games from this thrift shop and then i was hooked lol. Started hitting flea markets every single weekend and before i knew it was over 100 games. And anyways a few summers later of doing the same thing, and hitting ebay and trade sites finally got over 700 games now. lol. As i said thats a brief story and will go into a ton of detail when i finish it lol. but as for this forum i was just curious whos around my age that has done it. :-)

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a ton of NES games boxed I think I am around 400, though I have not counted lately. The only thing that holds me up is that I do not buy NES games from ebay. I made a deal with myself that I would only buy NES games I found in the wild, and I only buy games if they have a box or if the lot of loose games is cheap enough. I have a ton of loose games but I do not count those towards my 400 total (those are complete game/box/manual). I KNOW I KNOW, I have been around this forum long enough to know you guys are saying this kid will never find stadium events, hot slots, etc in the wild. So one day I may break my rule, but for now it is all flea markets and yard sales. Though I do still buy my demos and promo items off ebay (I think I have one of the more extensive demo collections for SNES, N64, GB, GBA, VB). So me being 21 I think I am doing ok with my collection.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do you guys find the cash to do this? I'm 22, and I don't have the kind of side cash to throw a couple hundred bucks on an NES game. I've just been focusing on thrift stores, flea markets and craigslist. I'm in the 200 range, but I had maybe 50 from childhood. I don't even want to think about a complete set, I'm just trying to move forward and collect as much as I can for as cheap as I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I always have to ask, what's complete NES collection?

complete US collection only?
    complete US with complete Euro-only released titles?
    complete US with complete Japanese-only released titles?
    complete US with complete Chinese/Taiwan-only (Sachen) released titles?
    complete US with complete released Euro/Japan?
    complete US with complete Euro/Japan/Chinese/Taiwan-only released titles?

clarification please, as many seem to have 'complete US' but many times include Sachen titles, which is like ...weird... surely Japan titles are more interesting.
    Last edited by tom; 12-08-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say it was US releases plus Sachen titles, but not pal or Japan releases. Also some include the NWC cart in this (both grey and gold) I would argue that those ar enot necessary seeing as how they were contest prizes and not actually released.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im just including the us releases and not sachens yet. prolly later but for now just the US releases. i have a few PAL games that i found at a game show but thats pretty much it. i also have about 250-300 CIB NES Games as well including a whole bunch of the rares like caltron, F2, Bubble bobble 2 all CIB. as well as many others that i aquired in a very sweet trade about 2 years ago. As for the question about the money involed. i have to say some very very skillfull buying lol. Dude i make 8 bucks an hour. So im defintly not raking in the dough to buy these games . What happens is im actually fortunate enough to live in a location where i can go out on a weekend and find like 3 NES systems and like 20 games on a decent day easily. And mostly for a few bucks lol. (live in the boonies) So after lots of reselling and trading i manage to scrape up enough extra side cash to buy the games i cant find in the wild. But to be honest about 80% of my collection has come from being found in the wild, so ive had a lot of luck so far. Plus believe it or not where i live the cost of living is down so low that 8 bucks an hour is actually kinda decent in my town HAHA! and my house payment is only $250.00 a month lol. So eh i get by, but it does slow down the buying through the winter when i cant go out and find anything lol.