Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy Clearance Sale

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never heard anything about this and there wasn't anything in the Bestbuy add I got in the paper.

I live in a populated area, so I didn't even think about going. I tried to get some good deals in the past but everything was already bought by homeless/jobless people trying to make a quick buck on ebay.

I wanted a few games , but I didn't have the intention of reselling anything. Why? because I have a real job. College kids and homless people, good luck on ebay...dicks.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone list as having been able to purchase anything decent on either this board or Cheap Ass Gamer.
    I'm pretty happy with what I got but I understand I'm in the fortunate minority. I think the lack of supply has more to do with how fast and far news of this sale traveled than how stale they were considered in the retail side of things. Everybody watches Cheap Ass Gamer now, it's certainly no secret.

It's 95% likely I'm going to keep everything because I've only recently started playing the Gamecube, the spare Dawn of Sorrows is going to a friend and I don't expect to make a dime off of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got back from my local BB (in NJ). Not much left at all, but I did score LOTR for $1.99 and FF Crystal Chronicals for $4.99 both for the Gamecube. Hey, two new games for seven bucks and change...I'm happy

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Remember, it's not just here and CAG that saw this. Other non game-specific boards like fatwallet had full access to this list as well. If you think gamers are bad profiteers, just open up the list to anyone with a credit card, an ebay account, and NO love for other gamers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengaport View Post
    I hit the Totowa, NJ Best Buy at 12pm today. Loads of people in the store with lists in their hands but not a clearance game to be found
    Funny, this is the store I *just* purchased (about 2 hours ago) the games I just listed Guess yah didn't look hard enough! The games were not priced at $1.99 and $4.99 btw, but they rang up that way!

PS: There is still a copy of "Dogz" for the GBA there for $1.99. I didn't pick that one up however
    Last edited by zektor; 02-27-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Homeless people have eBay accounts?

The things you learn...

BTW, for the millionth time, this is a clearance thing, not a sale. That's why it's not in the circular. It's not advertised. Someone got a hold of the price drops ahead of time and leaked them.

And Bojay1997 makes a great point: "Is there anyone who is really that thrilled with the possibility of getting any of these games even if they are extremely cheap?" That's kind of my point earlier. It's not like they're giving away Quadruns or NWC or what have you. Aside from Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, there really isn't much in that list I care about, period and I doubt many other people could find more than a title or two on that list and those have probably been off the shelves for ages.

People are getting worked up over nothing.
    Last edited by Captain Wrong; 02-27-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The store in Savannah, Georgia still have the games for full price. No clearance. I was bummed because there were a few games my wife wanted like Disney Princesses and Dogz. Oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I hit a local Best Buy and didn't find all that much. Nearly everything for the PS2 was sold out (other than a little display I found by the washing machine and refrigerator area) but the Xbox section was a little bit better. I picked up: CounterStrike (Xbox) $1.99, Mercenaries (Xbox) $4.99, AMF Xtreme Bowling (Xbox) $4.99, ATV Offroad Fury 2 (PS2) $1.99, ATV Offroad Fury 3 (PS2) $1.99 and World War II Combat: Iwo Jima (Xbox) $4.99.

And while I was there, I picked up a couple of cheap games that I'd been thinking about getting: Pac-Man World Rally (GameCube) $9.99 and Call of Cthulhu (Xbox) $9.99.

A lot of the better and more interesting games were sold out already, but I don't think a game can be so terrible that I can't get a little bit of enjoyment out of it for the cost of two bucks.

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Is there anyone who is really that thrilled with the possibility of getting any of these games even if they are extremely cheap? I haven't seen anyone list as having been able to purchase anything decent on either this board or Cheap Ass Gamer. Sure, several games are listed on the price list that I have on my want list, but I'm guessing they haven't been in stock for a very long time. I don't have time or space to store more games that I am never going to play or enjoy, nor do I have the time or interest in reselling games that aren't worth anything to begin with.

I don't like the idea that someone is going to a store ahead of time and buying things at full price only to take advantage of a price match later, but lots of unethical stuff happens everyday and I don't have the time or energy to get worked up about it. Seriously, let's all just chill.

I was thrilled to find Showdown: Legends of Wrestling for $1.99. I'm going to keep this one sealed. It's Acclaims last game release. Most likely won't be worth much in the future, but it will be cool to own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are still many games left/available in my area.

Some of the "higher profile" games are gone, but there are still plenty of deals to be had.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko View Post
    Again, you're not even taking the time to BOTHER to get the facts straight.

I bought these games for FULL PRICE on Saturday and Sunday. That's why it cost so much. I figured I could return them if there wasn't a price match for the markdown or if the sale was bs.

The games cost over $1,500, but I got $1,273 back when they did the match.

They were $20 - $50 when I bought them, not $2 - $5.

There were only 20 duplicates that I purchased, not 500.

Are you making up the math here? The list was pretty easy to follow.

I never had a shopping cart full of games at any one of the three stores that I went to. I bought 3 games at the first store, and 4 at the second. I went back to the second later that evening and bought 31. Hardly a raiding of the store, and I didn't even need a cart.

And yes, for every game that I keep, which is one of each - I will most certainly play them as my schedule will allow.

Lastly - yes, I would gladly trade a $1.99 DS game for another $1.99 DS game (for example.) That was my point - I can't find most of those $1.99 DS games, so I bought a few extras to trade for them.

My conscience is fine in regards to my purchases and practices. However, I don't like people slinging my name through the mud when they aren't even bothering to read carefully.
    Well, I gotta say that I did misunderstand your original post. I was under the impression that you purchased $1,200 - $1,500 worth of games at the clearance price between a few stores which would have meant that you purchased 500+ games. I overlooked the fact that you paid full retail for them the night before and then did a price adjustment the next day. (though that's shady as well. I would have only allowed a return in my store). I apologize for the misunderstanding. If that list that you posted were the only games that you bought then I suppose that it's more reasonable than I thought.
    Last edited by Griking; 02-27-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong View Post
    Umm...we're talking clearance games here that are being CLEARED out because no one wants to buy them.
    Well, that's stretching things a bit. They're being sold at clearance because they're a bit old, not because people don't want them. There were a lot of really good games on that list.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just amazed about these attacks on orrimarko. (Thank goodness, Griking, you corrected your post based on a misunderstanding) These criticisms are baseless, completely exaggerated, and are nothing else than overreactions fueled by disappointed envy. Cut it out, guys, with these posts you ridicule yourselves.
    To orrimarrko: Congrats to the great haul!
    Last edited by lendelin; 02-27-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked these for PS2:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3, Rugby 2005, Commandos Strike Force and Wild Arms 4

I have no interest whatsoever in X-Box or Gamecube games. Sorry just don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Retrogamer72

All I managed to find out of 3 Best Buys was a copy of Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the Cube and Crimson Skies for xbox. Not much of a find but it is still something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

The only people that get upset or mudsling are the ones who are jealous that they can't find anything or are too lazy to go. I know for certain I can not trump the ebay resellers in my area, so I don't even bother going. I try to forget these sales even go on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm only going for Castlevania: Double Pack...But sadly the guy at my BB said the Computer dosen't have the game...I asked him again, he said..if it's not on are website it's not in our stores

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Well, I gotta say that I did misunderstand your original post. I was under the impression that you purchased $1,200 - $1,500 worth of games at the clearance price between a few stores which would have meant that you purchased 500+ games. I overlooked the fact that you paid full retail for them the night before and then did a price adjustment the next day. (though that's shady as well. I would have only allowed a return in my store). I apologize for the misunderstanding. If that list that you posted were the only games that you bought then I suppose that it's more reasonable than I thought.
    That's the full list, except for the Dig Dug DS that I found for $1.99 today. Again, for me.

I appreciate the apology, it actually means a lot.

I've always tried to do good for the community - this situation isn't any different.

Thanks.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I'm just amazed about these attacks on orrimarko. (Thank goodness, Griking, you corrected your post based on a misunderstanding) These criticisms are baseless, completely exaggerated, and are nothing else than overreactions fueled by disappointed envy. Cut it out, guys, with these posts you ridicule yourselves.
    To orrimarrko: Congrats to the great haul!
    Thanks Lendelin!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Does anyone have a Harvest Moon for cube up for trade? Or maybe a Pokemon XD?