Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Todays pick up at a thrifty

Donkey Kong Legend of the Crystal Coconut VHS $1.00
    Fester's Quest NES $3.00
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Guide $1.00
    Game Design: Secrets of the Sages Guide 2nd edi. Brady Guide $1.00

Really just some odd things to add to the collection. Might have over paid on the Festers Quest, for some reason i thought it was Rare..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Whoops, I guess I didn't phrase it too well. I mean I know have a complete Xbox catalog of every game I want to play. Which is only around 60 games or so. But it is a milestone for me.
    Ha, that's the same way I work. My complete Gamecube collection will only have about 60 games in it as well.

And congratulations!

I got a psx lot in the mail today. It was a buy it now without pics and a skimpy description, so I was gambling a bit. I kind of lost. The two games I bought the lot for were Parasite Eve and Resident Evil Director's Cut. Parasite Eve was missing the manual, and Resident Evil was a GH. I did get a black label FF IX though, so I got to switch out my GH copy. In the end I'll still make money on the deal because it came with Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, so I can't complain.
    Last edited by carlcarlson; 02-20-2009 at 08:31 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More Circuit City liquidation love for me. Everything here was pre-owned but mint.

Clive Barker's Jericho (360) - $6
    Conan (360) - $6
    Manhunt 2 (Wii) - $6
    Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (PS2) - $6
    Two Worlds (360) - $8

The store was torn up with only one shelf left for games. All the good stuff they had yesterday was gone, but I'm glad I was able to pick up a few things.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Y'know, when I found my copy of Shining Force CD, it was the only Sega CD game in the Goodwill's glass counter. Which makes me wonder what happened to (A) the Genny/Sega CD console itself, and (B) the other games that were turned in at the same time. Nobody turns in just one rare game, especially for a Sega console, they're accompanied by lots of crap sports titles that lose their worth milliseconds after the new year's release comes out. There were no other Genesis games or CDs in this place, so I wonder if this was another one of those things where it's picked clean except for a single title to let others know that they lost out on a good score.
    You never know, I picked up Dragon Force for the Saturn at a Salvation Army a few years ago and the only other Saturn game was Virtua Cop (version that came free with the Saturn in a paper sleeve). It is rather odd when something like this happens but when 1-3 games are all that they got (assuming that it isn't left overs like your thinking) I always figure that it could be from a box of random junk that happened to include some video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Watchmen was about 12 bucks at border's (I had a 40% off coupon), scurge hive was 97 cents at sear's.

Everything in the pic was $16 shipping from a member here.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    Ha, that's the same way I work. My complete Gamecube collection will only have about 60 games in it as well.

And congratulations!

I got a psx lot in the mail today. It was a buy it now without pics and a skimpy description, so I was gambling a bit. I kind of lost. The two games I bought the lot for were Parasite Eve and Resident Evil Director's Cut. Parasite Eve was missing the manual, and Resident Evil was a GH. I did get a black label FF IX though, so I got to switch out my GH copy. In the end I'll still make money on the deal because it came with Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, so I can't complain.
    Well, is RE the Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition? It only came as a GH and therefore is the only GH PSX game I own.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But Director's Cut also came as a Non GH, but it was not Dual Shock compatible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Well, is RE the Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition? It only came as a GH and therefore is the only GH PSX game I own.
    There was a directors cut that is non-GH. Does that not have Dual Shock support?(I thought that was the whole point of Director's Cut)
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

There are a few variations, I may be missing a couple:

Resident Evil (longbox)
    Resident Evil (jewel case)
    Resident Evil Director's Cut (with bonus disc)
    Resident Evil Director's Cut Dual Shock (greatest hits, no bonus disc)
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to a CD/Game Exchange yesterday and traded in a few things. Here's what I got:

Dreamcast:
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 (complete)
    Toy Commander (complete)

PS2:
    The Fast and the Furious (complete)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yesterday I went to goodwill and found a Playstation with RCA jacks on the back, A power cord, RFU and two controllers of the non dualshock variety for $8. I'd been looking for one of these for a few years because the ones with RCA jacks are supposed to be really good CD players. After going to a grocery store I'd found out the cashier at goodwill shortchanged me so I had to go back, Which ate up like 15 minutes of driving just one way. Then after going to Aldis and Walmart and having a good Subway sandwich I went in The Salvation Army and picked up "Thunder Blade" For Sega Master System for $2. It's missing the instructions but has some sort of poster with game advertisements on the back.

Edit: I hooked up the PSX and man if it doesn't make a leap over the DVD player I was using for CDs. I had to hook up a small TV to navigate the PSX menus but thats OK.
    Last edited by Slate; 02-21-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's the dual shock version. I think I'm just going to print out a black spine for it so it doesn't look so ugly on the shelf. I'll still search for the black label version, but I would want to play the dual shock version anyway.

Fun fact: I actually have the PC release of this CIB. I bought it waaaay back after playing the PC Gamer demo. I loved the demo but for some reason never really played the full game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought dark sector for 10$ at wall mart

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Beach Head 2000 (Sealed) $1.99 @ Microcenter.
    I had this game on my old computer but lost it due to a restore issue. Then NEVER found the game again,until now.
    Passed on:
    They had 2 others still sealed (Beach Head 2000) and Alot of Deer Hunters for $1.99 and also a quite few MAC games for $1.99 also.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

Unsavory Vendors.

First Vendor ,huge table of NES,SNES ..........PS2,BXOX ...GEN Games..I was impressed as it's nice to look at but they are always there and nothing moves..They never seem to sell anything it's always the same stuff,piles and piles of SNES games but nothing special.They won't come down on prices nor haggle ...
    Loose SNES,NES GEN carts $10.00 Each ..Xbox,PS2, $10-15.00..sports titles are $10.00
    They had a dirty NES and crazy discolored SNES,$35.00 Each ..Beat up...
    Atari loose carts 40-50 in a bin .looked like they have been through the mill with washed out labels,I didn't even bother to ask..
    They sit there all day to sell nothing...Every time someone who looks interested in the game stuff stops the guy puts on his automated response to his wife that he has to call someone,that they are going to pay him A LOT of money for the games..He says this every week as a tactic to try and get people to think he's got some great stuff,better buy it..
    I look at the guy right in his face when he says this BS over and over...One of these days I'm going to hand him my cell and say call him already..
    .................................................. ...........................................

Vendor,.6-7 loose SNES games on a table with badly beat up labels $7 each..while walking away he went to $5.00 each..

Vendor,Black GameCube $40.00

Vendor,Xbox system $80.00.ohh I'll give it to you for $60.00

Vendor,Three Loose PS decks with lids that won't close..$35.00 Each with no hook-ups as the Chic says they are RARE game machines...She's been sitting on them forever.

Vendor:Game boy GBC..Clear purple,no battery cover..Some misc game in it..$10.00..I offer the guy $5.00.he gets mad at me for trying to haggle him...then tries to talk me into it..

I pick up a Dreamcast for $10.00..I really don't now why I bother..I can't seem to give them away.
    It had a VMU..I have a whole bunch of VMUs..I wonder if they are actually worth anything.

GameCube Prince Of Persia complete $5.00
    So I ask this guy how much THIS game is...He takes it up to another guy comes back and says $5.00,..I give him the $5.00,He gets a bag grabs another GameCube (sports) game off the table throws it into the bag and hands it to me,while turning and putting the GameCube Prince Of Persia in a trying to hide his actions way. ....Whoa,I say that's not the game I gave you,I THROW the sports game he gave me on the table MAD and grab the GameCube Prince Of Persia by reaching pass him..His excuse was that he doesn't know one game from the other..(The Sports game has a Bright BLUE label on it.)

I found another Canon Digital Camera(PowerShot A60)..It looks just like the camera I found the week before(PowerShot A85)..
    I buy it for $10.00..The vendors helper sells it to me for $10.00(he holds it up to the Boss and asks a price=10) then when I pay for it the Boss thinks it over and wants to take it back now that it's in my pocket..He's a Huge 6 foot Tall Russian dude who sounds like if you mess with him he'll have your fingers taken off.He's dictating to his workers what to do in a loud nasty Russian voice..They start arguing in another language as the helper nudges me to go,,
    It's in excellent condition but I can't get it to turn on : (..off to Ebay Broken..

Dad picks up a 10X zoom HP Digital Camera(port option) $2.00...I mess around with it and get it working,one of the battery posts is too far bent back

The only thing I'm happy about is the two Mattel Electronics games..Basketball and Soccer
    Both have the battery cover,inside battery compartments are clean,rear labels are very nice.
    The vendors helper said $5.00 each,,I went to walk away then saw the boss..I asked him a price and he said 2 for $5.00

Dreamcast $10.00
    Canon Digital Camera(PowerShoy A60)..$10.00
    GameCube Prince Of Persia complete $5.00
    Mattel Electronics games..Basketball and Soccer $5.00

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Today's finds:

The Charlie Chanthology (6 Charlie Chan DVDs), 2003 release, brand new - $3
    Two Video Professor CD sets - Windows and Online Security - $3
    Some random shareware crossword puzzle CD - $1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Finally after weeks of nothing but garbage at work I find this little gem waiting for me underneath some wires:

ROB

So I take a look at him and see that it runs off of batteries. I also see that the batteries are heavily corroded and the cover won't slide off them. So I take a screwdriver and wedge it in there and the cover pops right off. Thankfully there are only two corroded batteries (I think they have been in there since the ROB was released as the Energizer design was reeeeeeally old), and they did not corrode the inside. A couple shakes later and the batteries pop right out.

So this is what I came out with:

ROB, slightly yellowed with the claw hands
    NES Zapper

I also got Super Mario 64 cart only.

I'll post pics in a couple days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

ok so i sold my psp (1000 series) about 4 months ago along with all 13/14 psp games in order to purchase a ps3.

i realized quickly why i dont like selling or getting rid of anything in my collection. i really missed my psp. i got more enjoyment out of it than my ds lite at the time and played it nearly as much as my other systems.

anyway, i decided to go ahead and purchase the psp 3000 @ gamestop tonight.... i felt terrible and nearly embarrassed plopping down another $180 for the system when i already had a psp months ago with several great titles. but, i'll never do it again. i will rebuild my collection and will never get rid of it. damn i'm anal.

my wife even told me she missed playing it. (she was really into god of war and she had actually beaten chains of olympus 3x i believe)

anyway, as far as other "finds".. i ordered nights into dreams along with the 3d saturn controller both complete for a total of $35 shipped along with death and return of superman (snes) and Vagrant Stories complete for the ps1. (both totaled around $40)

anyway, i wont be buying any more games and systems for quite a while not counting mad world (wii) and RE 5 (360)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

DOA2 Hardcore, Tsugunai, Chronicles of Narnia, Spyro: A New Beginning and Sly Cooper 1 - $10
    Soul Calibur, RE Code Veronica, Sega Rally 2, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Expendable, Fighter's Destiny 2 - $18
    Rocket Fish Wii/PS3/360 componet cables - $5
    5 Uncle John's Bathroom readers - $2.50

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    5 Uncle John's Bathroom readers - $2.50

Did you consider the fact that those books just might be... used?

Also, how is Tsugunai? I've only seen that once, and I've wondered about it ever since.
    Last edited by NayusDante; 02-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.