Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamecube games released on wii have new play control?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved Mario Power Tennis, but I never played it as much as I wanted (too many other games around the same time). I'd definitely pick it up with Wii controls for $30. Wii Sports Tennis has one of the better uses of motion controls, so I'm pretty confident Nintendo can make Mario Tennis work well. I won't rebuy Pikmin, although I did enjoy it and would absolutely recommend the game.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got the cube version of Pikmin 2 (which I've never played). I'll check out some reviews and if the wii version is decent then I might pick that up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bumping this for news that I found out yesterday. You CANNOT use a Gamecube controller with these Gamecube ports. I went to Gamestop and was going to buy Pikmin (the Cube version) used for $24.99. Both copies they had were badly scratched so I passed. I then thought about picking up this "NEW AND IMPROVED!" Pikmin thinking logically that I would be able to use a Cube controller on the Wii to play it. Wrong! I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Anyone else agree?
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    I then thought about picking up this "NEW AND IMPROVED!" Pikmin thinking logically that I would be able to use a Cube controller on the Wii to play it. Wrong! I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Anyone else agree?
    Well since the whole point of them rereleashing these games is so that they can tout the "new play control" then they obviously want people to play actually using the new controls. This is nothing new, as Sony did this same thing with Lair by forcing everyone to use the motion sensing controls for it(instead of just the analog sticks) so that they could tout their new PS3 motion sensing controller set up.

I personally wish they'd give the buyers the choice of what set-up to use but I also see why they wouldn't in this situation.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Well since the whole point of them rereleashing these games is so that they can tout the "new play control" then they obviously want people to play actually using the new controls.
    Really? that's bullshit. I'm all for the new controls, just make it an option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    My sentiments exactly!
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Throwing my two cents in, there are two things that haven't been addressed as to why Nintendo did this.

1. The games are targeted towards their new core audience as the Wii has sold more than double than its predecessor. "Re-releasing" these games exposes them to much larger audience compared to the Gamecube era. As a result, Nintendo may get more revenue in return for their NWC games.

And the $30 price tag does help. GameStop sells Pikmin and Mario Tennis for $25 and $30 respectively. Ebay is a "cheaper" alternative for $10-15 each (also assuming you find this kind of pricing in independent game stores, IF any are available). Remember, playing these games requires the Gamecube controller, assuming most Wii owners don't have it. Adding another $10-15, the total amounts to $20-25, compared to $30 really isn't much of a bargain especially as I'm judging used to new.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I agree, yet for a die-hard Nintendo fan, either you already bought Pikmin/Mario Tennis when it came out for the Gamecube or bought the Wii then got the games later with Gamecube controller. From my standpoint, Nintendo wanted to give what their audience missed out on.

2. Few months back, it was announced Gamestop made billions in profit and good percentage contributed to used game sales. Game companies were in uproar how easily GS turned a buck and started demanding payment for 2nd-hand transactions. With fat chance that happening, companies resorted to "re-releasing" their recent titles as a way to stick it to GS.

Actually, this point is more relevant to Capcom porting RE1 to the Wii than it is with Nintendo. The idea isn't too far-fetched when its been years since their release date, nowadays either you get them factory sealed costing an arm and a leg or used for a reasonable price, which is GS's forte. By bringing Pikmin/Mario Tennis into the mix, Nintendo gave consumers the option for a brand new game. This way, they net themselves cash that would have gone solely to GameStop and customers don't have to worry about conditions or where their games have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I really hope Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 get this NPC treatment.
    DERP