After what happened in Japan, I thought that the Vita might bomb hard in the USA too, but it doesn't seem like that is going to be the case, at least not initially. Everywhere I go, I hear people talking about how they are buying this bundle or that bundle, and what other games they are buying, etc, etc. So, while it may be DOA in Japan, the Vita could very well do ok in Europe and USA. Of course, the big question that we won't know the answer for, for some time, is...

Once the initial million worldwide early adopters buy the Vita, then what? Will the rest of the gaming audience have any interest? Certainly, there are enough gamers in the USA and Europe that want the Vita immediately at launch, that the Vita will hit worldwide sales of 1 million units in the very near future, but will there be a second wave of buyers once the early adopters have been factored out of the equation? My guess, is that sales will fall off a cliff once the early adopters are done buying. Then, there will be a price drop, and then we have to see what happens at that point. If it has some hot Xmas software, and becomes the "hot" item this Xmas (like the 3DS was last Xmas), then everything will likely work itself out, and the Vita will survive.