I've done some aggressive testing and I did a write up, and it's posted over at NintendoAge. http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=82814

The skinny of it, the only 2 games I've found not to work are Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Yoshi's Island. The SDD1 cant decompress the graphics properly and Yoshi oddly crashes at various points but can't really get into gameplay as it just visually degrades to the point of getting stuck.

SA1 games all work, but you have to do a game swapping trick I figured out to get around them not booting up. Basically that SA1 chip is famously known as a lockout of sorts for copy protection among other things including storing some game data to it. Well, if you boot any other game than one on that chip, then press and HOLD reset, you can remove the game and pop in any SA1 title and when you release reset it will boot and work correctly.

I don't have any of the weird chipped Japanese titles, and I don't have the one that is in Top Gear 3000 either, but I've gone through the DSP, FX1, FX2(DOOM works), CX4, and SA1 work. I also have a pirate cart in a US green plastic shell with 7 games (menu says 8 no idea why) and it works fine too.

Has anyone tried to do any internal work on this unit? The d-pad suffers from the same bs that the RDP does where you can push too many directions at the same time. I was wondering if it was possible to possibly do something to the bottom of the d-pad so it rocks better to stop that issue.