Quote Originally Posted by kikenovic View Post
Good point. If there is a time to collect for the PS2/Xbox that is now. Next decade all those 6th gen kids (even those who weren't part of it) will jack up the prices.
No need to wait that long, just look on YouTube. All the videos saying "collect Xbox/PS2 now." Our generation is already jacking those prices up. I never did like the "look at my OMG RAREZ! videos, this is the generation trying to prove who has the bigger e-peen. I literally just saw someone post a picture on a Facebook group I'm on of Little Samson, F2, Duck Tales 2, Cheetamen, Panzer Dragoon Saga (US) and a few more like that with the caption, "Found these at a garage sale, are they any good ?" Ugh.

I would say retro gaming has affected modern gaming in a negative way as now you can find games that just came out on Ebay being slabbed and listed for $5,000, making the casual gamer think he has something worth a damn. Retro gaming has also been very positive to modern gaming because of the added sensibilities, taking the best elements of the past and fusing them with the current, having modern developers realize that a large majority of us still do want a 2D Castlevania or Metroid.