Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
I like owning real games, so though I have a flash cart I'm only planning to put games I actually own or semi-own (like VC).
I think many fans would say it's reasonable to pirate the exorbitant-priced otherwise-unavailable stuff (I'd say anything at least $100 loose with no legit digital release qualifies as fair game)

Like really... who owns Magical Pop'n? Marvelous? They gonna care whether or not I paid $150 (or whatever stupid price it is) to a reseller for an obscure used 20 year old game almost nobody's heard of? (of course if they did release it, I'd still support it)
I have Marvelous complete in box. I bought it a long time ago, though, for, like, $20. I don't blame you for using a flash cart, though. It's not like the original companies are making any money off of it, so as long as people support legitimate reźreleases, there's no harm.

I do think, like all things, there will be a leveling off of sorts, but not a crash down to earth. Collecting hobbies always tend to maintain a level of competition to keep prices higher than they would be for a practical use market. There's also a large new base of young people who identify with this hobby that they've grown up with, which will likely prevent any massive crash when the trendy collectors get bored and move on.

Off topic, but I'm surprised there aren't more Intellivision collectors in the classic sector. It's a comparatively small library with little of major cost. NES games will likely stay higher than a lot of older consoles due to their continued cultural relevance and more modern-style gameplay.