Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
So, I've been gaming for a very long time, and I've seen generation after generation.... First gaming system was an Atari VCS in 1977. Got my NES for Xmas 1986. I've basically seen every single generation of gaming come and go since then.

I'm honestly struggling to think of a more "boring" generation of gaming. I bought both the Xbox One and PS4 on their respective launch days. I was super hyped for both systems. Ultimately, since their arrival in November 2013, it just seems like both of these systems are such a waste.. I can't think of one specific game that makes the Xbox One or PS4 a mandatory purchase. Here we are in 2016, a number of years after their launch, and I really can't think of a single game release that truly blew me away.

Doesn't anybody remember when a new video game would come out that would just blow everybody the F away ? It just seems like it's been so freaking long since this has happened. The last time it "truly" happened was GTA 3 on PS2 back in October of 2001. But, if I'm a bit more lenient, I guess I could say Bioshock, Crackdown and Fallout 3. Certainly nothing from this generation. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular on the horizon either that has me really excited. I'd like to check out Uncharted 4, but I'm guessing it's just going to be a really, really purdy version of Uncharted and nothing truly ground breaking. What the heck happened to this industry ? Is it just the law of diminishing returns or something ?
I agree 100% with this post. My history is the same as yours. Maybe we are getting too old.
I play my WiiU more than my PS4 and XBOX one combined but that's not saying much because I play
last gen. systems even more.