Thanked in
    60 Posts

I bought the wii u version if Zelda. I might be able to play it some day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    ^The original psp was able to connect to a tv. The Vita has pstv. My gpd xd hooks to a tv, except I have a wealth of games at my disposal. It's nothing special.

You counted every single person at Best Buy? Why did you wait outside for 3 hours if there's no shorts?

Nope, never seen anyone carrying playing handhelds outside. And I'm 38 today. Phones and tablets, dude. Nobody wants to carry another tablet around.

Looks like those hideous controllers (that were made for hands the size of a 3 year old) have a major defect. And Nintendo is blaming everything else but their own product. And where is the dpad?

Be excited for that Zelda game, which is just a WiiU port. There'll be alot of switches collecting dust in the coming months when people are done jizzing all over that game.
    I obviously didn't count every single person, when I said there were 100 ahead of me and 200 behind, I obviously meant about. There could have been only 80 ahead of me, but at the very least 70. Behind me at the least 150. So even if I'm way off, you still had about 225 people total who got their Switch. That's a good amount of systems for one store. I know they didn't have any in the next morning, because I was curious.

Why did I wait on line? Because I'm not a mind reader. I had no inside knowledge that Best Buy had gotten a lot in. Plus hysteria posts like your saying Nintendo would have "fake shortages" probably added to it. I'm also a "take no chances" kind of guy. Why risk not getting one? It also was necessary. If I had gotten on line at 10 instead of 9, I would have gotten one, but would not have been at the register at 12:30 (they started letting people in by 12). It would have been after 1, and with work in the AM I was already sacrificing sleep. I also wanted to get the special edition Zelda. Unfortunately I just missed it.

You're just too negative on the Switch. You don't have a single good thing to say about it. The controls are fine when attached. Using them separately is more of a problem. Try them out. I will agree with you that the d-pad should not have been absent. A shame.

The original PSP did not have a TV output. The PSP-2000 did.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^I'm not the only one negative on the switch. It's their own fault. Those controllers are simply ridiculous. Did they create them for elves?

Nintendo acknowledged the defect in their controllers. And their excuses and workarounds are hilarious. The whole launch has become a meme at this point.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Be excited for that Zelda game, which is just a WiiU port. There'll be alot of switches collecting dust in the coming months when people are done jizzing all over that game.
    Zelda botw was cool when it was first released 4years ago... under the name Skyrim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

^I'm not the only one negative on the switch. It's their own fault. Those controllers are simply ridiculous. Did they create them for elves?

Nintendo acknowledged the defect in their controllers. And their excuses and workarounds are hilarious. The whole launch has become a meme at this point.
    Yet it's the most successful in years.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    Yet it's the most successful in years.
    How? I understand trying to defend your investment. I would too if I spent that much and did all that for a box of disappointment. But let's be real here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How? I understand trying to defend your investment. I would too if I spent that much and did all that for a box of disappointment. But let's be real here.
    What do you mean how? See for yourself. Nintendo got as many units out as promised, and it still sold out. That's what a successful launch is. I'm the furthest thing in the world from disappointed right now. What's there to be disappointed about? Perhaps the lack of games, but so what? I'm busy with Zelda anyway. The only thing that could count as disappointment is that I didn't get the Zelda Master Edition. Gonna have to spend hundreds on eBay.

GameStop: Nintendo Switch is ‘Strongest Console Launch in Years’

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    What do you mean how? See for yourself. Nintendo got as many units out as promised, and it still sold out. That's what a successful launch is. I'm the furthest thing in the world from disappointed right now. What's there to be disappointed about? Perhaps the lack of games, but so what? I'm busy with Zelda anyway. The only thing that could count as disappointment is that I didn't get the Zelda Master Edition. Gonna have to spend hundreds on eBay.

GameStop: Nintendo Switch is ‘Strongest Console Launch in Years’
    Still trying to defend your investment? Don't bother posting links to bullshit websites. Coming off of WiiU and 3ds, anything would look like a success. Nintendo could've put a giant green turd on the shelf and their retarded fanbase would've still bought it and sung praise. I suspect it won't be selling out again.

It's a defective product. With so many boneheaded decisions going against it. That's not a sign of success. You paid all that money for one game. A game that's available elsewhere. Cool.

Lack of games, so what? I'm sure other people who invested in it care. I'm sure they're not too happy about overpaying for defective product either. They didn't make the thing specifically for zap.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/3/148...ave-game-files

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/3/148...lems-aquariums

Yeah, how about

NO

I can get most of the games I want off of either steam or GoG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Still trying to defend your investment? Don't bother posting links to bullshit websites. Coming off of WiiU and 3ds, anything would look like a success. Nintendo could've put a giant green turd on the shelf and their retarded fanbase would've still bought it and sung praise. I suspect it won't be selling out again.

It's a defective product. With so many boneheaded decisions going against it. That's not a sign of success. You paid all that money for one game. A game that's available elsewhere. Cool.

Lack of games, so what? I'm sure other people who invested in it care. I'm sure they're not too happy about overpaying for defective product either. They didn't make the thing specifically for zap.
    I don't have to defend it, I'm having fun with Zelda, and that it the honest truth. The Genesis launched with 5 games, sometimes things happen, and the Pro Controller addresses the problems you stated. I also assure you that I'm not a Nintendo fanboy. I didn't get a Wii U for over a year after launch, and have never even owned a DS/3DS. If anything, I plead guilty to being a bit of an Atari fanboy.

It's not only their base that's buying it. Selling out everywhere with this many systems in stock is well beyond their fanbase. The link wasn't BS, and calling it the most successful in years wasn't referencing Nintendo systems, but all systems.

You also implied the 3DS was a failure. 65 million units sold makes it #10 all-time.

I have pointed out its flaws and shortcomings. It's far from perfect. It's under-powered, and the controllers are way over-priced. Online services should have been ready from the start. Honest questions: Is there anything you like about it, and do you think it will fail (like the Wii U)? I'm glad to have your opinion in this discussion, even if we haven't agreed on anything yet.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 3ds launch was a joke. It didn't start selling til the massive price drop.

The Genesis didn't have defective controllers. And they weren't the size of vienna sausages. And the didn't cost an arm and a leg. Let's not compare that awesome system with this nonsense.

No excuse for such an expensive controller to have such problems. Shouldn't have to buy an extra controller just to play a game properly. It should work and function out of the box. Period.

Have you seen their workaround and troubleshooting for the things? It's a joke. Unplug everything and turn all wireless devices off? Yeah, that would be kinda hard if you have a smart tv or phone. Purposefully waiting until after launch to acknowledge their defects. Pretty sure they paid the early reviewers to keep hush about it.

You keep mentioning Zelda. That's it. $400+ to play a non-exclusive game. And when you finish Zelda? Play Zelda again? Wait for the next Nintendo game to come down the pipeline in 6 months?

I like that it's a portable because I like portables. That's the only positive I have. Don't know how people can still support that stubbornass company. They treat their fanbase like shit, nickel and dime them, and never give them what they ask for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Zap don't bother the suicidal fool will just keep rattling in circles like a broken record. Just go play your game and have fun with it as wasting time with your personal opinion and facts isn't going to sway someone who doesn't give a damn. There's really no reason to respond at all, just let them system and its games stand or fall on its own outside of some petty forum grumblings.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Zap don't bother the suicidal fool will just keep rattling in circles like a broken record. Just go play your game and have fun with it as wasting time with your personal opinion and facts isn't going to sway someone who doesn't give a damn. There's really no reason to respond at all, just let them system and its games stand or fall on its own outside of some petty forum grumblings.
    MEH!!!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Before the system was available for purchase, it was already available in Japan as their timezone is far ahead. I was watching a live playthrough and in chat someone mentioned that the pro controller which I presume must be sold separately is marked at 8,000 yen. What the fuck!! A CONTROLLER costing more than a game?! Sure enough next day, I go to the store and out of curiosity I go look at the pro controller for Switch to see the US price... $69.99. That is fucking nuts.

Outside of their precious Zelda there is nothing mind-blowing about the Switch launch. They have a lot more lined up for digital downloads -- a bunch of ports of games from PC indie titles -- than actual Switch software. It's disgusting how many are buying in on day 1 and blowing about $400+ for a max of 2 games on the system. Did everyone forget what happened to Wii U? Nice fancy start and then flatlined without a hope of resurrection. Once again, I look at the device and I see it's flexible and has all the potential it needs to have to be very enjoyable, but if nobody wants to develop for it it's just gonna have another early tombstone next to it like Wii U. At least Dreamcast actually had 3rd party support to contribute to a reasonably enjoyable library - and to think that that is still considered a failed console too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Zelda botw was cool when it was first released 4years ago... under the name Skyrim.
    The best part about this comment is that Skyrim itself will be released on Switch too. Haha

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm pretty sure he meant the Switch was more successful than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S, even if he wants people to believe he's talking about the PS4 and Xbox One.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    The best part about this comment is that Skyrim itself will be released on Switch too. Haha
    So I made that comment before I really saw much of the game, and after watching my brother stream Zelda botw for over 5 hours i feel that yeah, this game has taken alot from Skyrim. Thats more of an observation rather than a criticism, because the game looks like a quality, fun title but it feels much more like Skyrim than a Zelda game. The overworld in Zelda is basically alot of wilderness that is sparsely littered with ancient ruins than lead to underground dungeons. Zelda gives you quests just like in Skyrim; where you can have multiple quests open at once and pursue them as you like. You can also plot points on the map like in Skyrim, and fast travel to locations like in Skyrim.

The whole weapon and item system in botw is alot like Skyrim also... except annoying. Just like in Skyrim, there are weapons and items strewn all over the place, but with Zelda weapons constantly break (annoying). There is also a stamina meter in Zelda, just like in Skyrim which limits your actions. With Zelda you have a limited amount of inventory space so almost every time you open a chest you have to open it twice; the first time informing you that your inventory is full (super annoying).

At one point while playing Zelda, I noticed a guy holding a wooden shield with a deer's head on it. I instantly recognized it, its almost exactly the same as the Falkreath shield from skyrim. Like comon Nintendo, dont copy Skyrim exactly.

There are other simularities, but Ill stop. I know that other 'open-world' games have came before Skyrim, however it just feel that with Zelda botw Nintendo just copied a previous formula that worked. So I think they get props for making a good game but not an original one. Also the graphics look like they belong on the WiiU.

Also the controller does not really function 100%, wheter the problem is the signal or something else.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 03-06-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Looks promising, but knowing Nintendo this will probably still use friend codes, no wi-fi on tablet, weak ass specs barely on par with wii u, re-release all wii u games I already own, no tracking of past purchases with nintendo id meaning i have to buy the same shit all over again, no analogue triggers, mii's everywhere and miiverse censorship, poor battery life, and the list goes on and on. I'll wait after launch this time, last systems i bought i regret
    This is what i posted in october, with tanooki getting on his high horse because he knew what the switch was going to be and i was an idiot.
    Friend codes? Check
    Barely on par with wii u specs? Check
    Re-release wii u games? Check
    No tracking of past purchases? Check
    Poor battery life? Check
    No analogue triggers? Check

At least from switch moving forward purchases are tied to account. If you dont use the tablet outside the house, its just a wii u with a hd screen instead of a low res one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    This is what i posted in october, with tanooki getting on his high horse because he knew what the switch was going to be and i was an idiot.
    Friend codes? Check
    Barely on par with wii u specs? Check
    Re-release wii u games? Check
    No tracking of past purchases? Check
    Poor battery life? Check
    No analogue triggers? Check

At least from switch moving forward purchases are tied to account. If you dont use the tablet outside the house, its just a wii u with a hd screen instead of a low res one.
    Which re-release is the Switch getting? Any link to it being barely on par with the Wii U?

As for the battery life, define poor. I played Zelda for about two hours, and it was on 54%. Not saying that is poor or not, but everyone seems to have a different definition of the word.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    At one point while playing Zelda, I noticed a guy holding a wooden shield with a deer's head on it. I instantly recognized it, its almost exactly the same as the Falkreath shield from skyrim. Like comon Nintendo, dont copy Skyrim exactly.
    While it's obvious Nintendo sat up and paid attention to what's been done in the West with PC games, people have been using deer as sigils and crests for centuries, among other animals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    While it's obvious Nintendo sat up and paid attention to what's been done in the West with PC games, people have been using deer as sigils and crests for centuries, among other animals.
    Yeah, I know. But considering how similar the new Zelda is to Skyrim it just feels like nintendo copied alot