Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: E3 2010: Nintendo Press Conference Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

From the looks of it, Nintendo really came out swinging. I felt that they had some strong software to show, along with the 3DS. For me, it looked like Nintendo had the best show they have had in years. Good for them, good for gamers. The Wii Kirby game really looked fun to play.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to admit it but I came away very very very impressed by Nintendo's showing.

Ticked most of my boxes....

- New hardware that I'm actually looking forward to

- Lots of new titles with the kind of old school gameplay I LOVE

- A Zelda title which I am counting down the seconds to play.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just when I swore off watching these frakin' things they get good again? WTF!?

They needed to bring the software, and well, they did indeed from the sound of it. I'll be more able to add to discussion when I finally see the presentation for myself.

It's on youtube (in 8 chucks) if ya missed it live, or just want to watch it all again.
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KRytV5N-M

The "I'm Finally Caught Up" Edit:

The 3DS showing has me extremely anxious to try it... Lots of tease, little reveal of what matters most. I know it's because of the nature of the display, but still, they played on it very well. Actually spun a positive out of a potential neg, expertly. It was basically Gadget Geek Burlesque 101. Apple should be taking notes... Sony? Naw, too easy (dun dun-dun dun).

3D photos and movies might be neat too... Not a major feature in my consideration, but that may change after I see the screen in action. At this point, everything hinges on how the 3D looks.

And ZOMG GAMES! Wii needed them, badly. The last year wasn't completely barren, but it was starting to look down that's for sure. No longer. Kirby looks like it has the chance to be among the most endearing of the whole series, which is saying a lot. The whole kitschy-craft world and elements thing, over the top original IMO. I think Zelda would have shown much stronger without the hiccups. The problems seeded some doubt about the controls from comments I've read... Well, with a 2011 planned release this ensures more showings before a launch date is even guessed at. So, no worries, it might go all the way to (or past) the Mayan Universal-Death Day. This is Nintendo and Zelda after all. "Push it" is not only par, it's unrealistic to doubt at least one instance.

3DS is slated as coming at the end of this year right? Damn, I need to squirrel away a little neat bundle so I can keep up with all this. I was hoping to get a new 360 slim, but that might have to wait... I'll find that more of a comfortable arrangement anyways, in case the slims spontaneously combust or something RRoD-plague reminiscent. Gives me time to gauge others experience with the hardware.

Best of all... Cammy Dunaway, MIA. Never again, please!? Looks like Reggie ate her (big pot belly... Did their corporate jet crash in the Andes? ).
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 06-16-2010 at 02:54 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, the 3DS ports/remakes have me kind of mad. Not at the fact that they're happening, but the fact that it took Nintendo this long to throw an enhanced version of the games at us. The games, bar Pilotwings, have had releases on VC with little to no upgrade over the originals.

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see if these games work without the C buttons or a second analog stick. Speaking of analog, it's odd to see Nintendo take a cue from Sony for once.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Oh well, it'll be interesting to see if these games work without the C buttons or a second analog stick. Speaking of analog, it's odd to see Nintendo take a cue from Sony for once.
    Twice.. no make that three, I mean fo... err, six times.

With the DSi they added a memory card slot, internet, music player, video player, and image gallery. While you could say the image gallery is there due to the DSi's main focus of release, the camera, everything else was definitely thrown on there in order to compete more with the PSP.

Nintendo even stated "We want the DS to be more just a gaming machine. We want it to be something that our consumers use for their daily needs, etc." Isn't that what Sony has been saying since releasing the PSP but in different words?

Nintendo Gamer: Sony PSP blows. It has mostly good games on the system but rarely every comes out with any new games. Also what's with just one analog stick. Gay. Good thing I have custom firmware to download all the games that come out. That'll show 'em.

Nintendo Gamer: OMFG. The DSi. It's got so many new and amazing features. I can listen to my music, watch movies, go online, and it's got an SD slot and camera. If Nintendo was a person, I would go down on it's penis.

Nintendo Gamer(later OMFG. The 3DS. It's neat that they added an analog stick. I am getting Pilot Wings, Samurai Warriors, Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, and Star Fox 64 on day one! I hope the system comes out with more ports!

Anyways. To get back on topic.

I just watched Sony's E3 press conference last night on the Playstation Home because I didn't want to watch it in small bits and pieces on Youtube so watched the full thing there. I was disappointed(posting my disappointment in the Sony thread.) It sucked. Microsoft's E3 press conference was even worse.

Nintendo's E3 press conference makes me finally want to get a Wii though. It'll be quite awhile before I find those first party games on sale. But Metroid the Other M, Donkey Kong Country, and Kirby's Epic Yarn look like must have games. There's atleast five other Wii games that aren't multiconsole I want to own already so I'll just collect the games when they go cheap, and once the Wii has another price drop I'll pick the system up.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-16-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepharytheworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Twice.. no make that three, I mean fo... err, six times.

With the DSi they added a memory card slot, internet, music player, video player, and image gallery. While you could say the image gallery is there due to the DSi's main focus of release, the camera, everything else was definitely thrown on there in order to compete more with the PSP.

Nintendo even stated "We want the DS to be more just a gaming machine. We want it to be something that our consumers use for their daily needs, etc." Isn't that what Sony has been saying since releasing the PSP but in different words?

Nintendo Gamer: Sony PSP blows. It has mostly good games on the system but rarely every comes out with any new games. Also what's with just one analog stick. Gay. Good thing I have custom firmware to download all the games that come out. That'll show 'em.

Nintendo Gamer: OMFG. The DSi. It's got so many new and amazing features. I can listen to my music, watch movies, go online, and it's got an SD slot and camera. If Nintendo was a person, I would go down on it's penis.

Nintendo Gamer(later OMFG. The 3DS. It's neat that they added an analog stick. I am getting Pilot Wings, Samurai Warriors, Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, and Star Fox 64 on day one! I hope the system comes out with more ports!
    I don't know about you but most people I heard could careless about the DSi features you mentioned, especially the camera. Everyboby always copies somebody to an extent, why harp on his wording. If anything from your response it seems you should be suprised a Nintendo fan even gave one concession towards sony being first. Do we need to also state everything Sony copied from Nintendo?
    Last edited by pepharytheworm; 06-16-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added "being first" for clarification in my meaning
    Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I want to see the new 3DS in action before I take the plunge. I can't wait for Dragon quest XI and the Golden Sun!!! I want to see more of the Kirby game too.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pepharytheworm View Post
    Do we need to also state everything Sony copied from Nintendo?
    Sure. But to be honest, unless you state making a portable console or features like rumble, you're not going to get much. Sony copied Nintendo with the motion control. Blatant ripoff that is a novelty item, like the Wiimote.

Like I said though. The DSi is a redesign of their current portable console copying all of the PSPs additional features. Even the DSi's camera is a ripoff of a feature Sony had on the PSP. The only difference between the DSi's camera other than that there are two is the fact that it's attached to the system and not external hardware. So technically the entire system is an upgrade to copy what the PSP has to offer if you want to get down to it. The Gameboy had a camera, but it could only take pictures and you could say it's a copy of one item(which it isn't because it can't do nearly as much,) not the entire system as the DSi is.

Released in Japan(2006) and PAL territories(2007) and now introducing it into the US(2010,) the Go! Cam allows you to take pictures, record video, and use editing software through the PSP. Even games and applications have been released utilizing the hardware. Worthless accessory but it must have sold in those areas if they're releasing it here finally.

A Nintendo fan didn't give any concession towards Sony first. The quotes were completely made up by stuff I've heard in general.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepharytheworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@kupomogli
    Did you forget the whole reason you made that post? This was the one concession I was speaking of. I of course was assuming BetaWolf47 is a Nintendo fan.

Originally Posted by BetaWolf47
    I just think its pointless to say systems are copying other systems. The PSP nor the DS came up with all the features their systems have out of thin air. I am not the type of person who says comments like, "Sony is just trying to copy Nintendo with their Move." I like people "copying" others or how else do you get better developed products of similiar design. Even if the Move fails it can help other companies get success by learning from its failings. Inspiration is a better word to use. No one is original as a whole.

By the way I wasn't even excited for the 3DS till I saw it and Kid Icarus. I was mad that I still only have a original DS and can't keep up with the upgrades.
    Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Wow. Nintendo, you win, that settles it, my next system will be a Nintendo system. Too many good games, I'm overwhelmed.

Kid Icarus Uprising trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VnVLxgAfY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure. But to be honest, unless you state making a portable console or features like rumble, you're not going to get much. Sony copied Nintendo with the motion control. Blatant ripoff that is a novelty item, like the Wiimote.

Like I said though. The DSi is a redesign of their current portable console copying all of the PSPs additional features. Even the DSi's camera is a ripoff of a feature Sony had on the PSP. The only difference between the DSi's camera other than that there are two is the fact that it's attached to the system and not external hardware. So technically the entire system is an upgrade to copy what the PSP has to offer if you want to get down to it. The Gameboy had a camera, but it could only take pictures and you could say it's a copy of one item(which it isn't because it can't do nearly as much,) not the entire system as the DSi is.

Released in Japan(2006) and PAL territories(2007) and now introducing it into the US(2010,) the Go! Cam allows you to take pictures, record video, and use editing software through the PSP. Even games and applications have been released utilizing the hardware. Worthless accessory but it must have sold in those areas if they're releasing it here finally.

A Nintendo fan didn't give any concession towards Sony first. The quotes were completely made up by stuff I've heard in general.
    Game & Watch. Too antiquated? GameBoy circa 1989? Either way, checkmate. Argument is the equivalent of posting "FIRST!" on the 30th post...

Now that the features of 3DS are known, one has to look at the DSi as a limited feature equivalency market test for the 3DS, exactly like the Go! was a test for the desired exclusive digi-distro plan of the next PSP. The 3DS design has solidified. Now Sony has time to adjust... And by adjust, I mean copy the form and drop the function.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 06-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    ZOMG GAMES! Wii needed them, badly.
    This is what I don't understand. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor comes out next week. Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, and Trauma Team came out within the last two months. Before that, it was No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

That's seven highly rated disc games in the past six months, plus another seven if you count WiiWare.

14 great games in the last six months. That seems good to me...the opposite of the Wii needing games badly. Is it just me? If so, where do you find the time to play through more than 14 entire games in six months?

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, anyone else hoping for a Virtual Boy Wario Land rerelease?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

I'm not sure what to think of the 3DS. All we can really do is rely on the opinions of other people who have "played" it because we can't see the 3D part unless we look at it in person.

Hearing that you have to look at the thing dead on and from a certian angle (though changable due to the slider thing) is kind of bad. I usually use my DS by having it on my lap and I lean back when I play it. I don't know if I could play the 3DS like that or if I'd have to hold it up to my face the entire time.

And the only thing they had to show for the 3DS are tech demos, no actual, playable games.

Still, I heard that the 3D effect works as well as they say it does. All it needs are some good games (NOT PORTS OF OLD GAMES PLEASE) and it could be interesting.

As for the new zelda, I give no fuck. 3D Dot Game Heroes is the best zelda since Links Awakening. The 3D ones sucked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    This is what I don't understand. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor comes out next week. Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, and Trauma Team came out within the last two months. Before that, it was No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

That's seven highly rated disc games in the past six months, plus another seven if you count WiiWare.

14 great games in the last six months. That seems good to me...the opposite of the Wii needing games badly. Is it just me? If so, where do you find the time to play through more than 14 entire games in six months?
    This gaming industry is very "what have you done lately". Which with enough badly perceived news placed in the 'wrong' order makes a downward slide a near certainty. So, the conference addresses that into the future. It's what anyone that pays attention to these things wants to hear really.

The other thing, I personally have not been buying many games for the Wii this last year. I just picked up a few this month ($50 games for $25-30 is why)... First Wii game purchases for the year, I think. It's all been DS and PSP so far that I recall. So, yeah! I wanted a boost and some assurance that something good was coming up (that we haven't heard of). But, I wasn't expecting an onslaught/orgy like that.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 06-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I personally enjoyed Nintendo's press conference. Plus Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye are coming back in style. ^^

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If any company can make a solid and enjoyable game, it's Nintendo. I've barely touched my Wii in the past (Due to lack of games...), but with Super Mario Galaxy 2 currently being my favorite game in recent memory, I think I'm going to grab more Wii stuff in the future. Sin & Punishment 2 is a must-own, as the first one is great. I'm also picking up all of those games that Nintendo announced at their conference, save for Wii Party and that Dance Party game. DKC, GoldenEye, Epic Mickey, Zelda and Kirby will all be mine at some point.

As for the 3DS, I was skeptical. But then I saw Kid Icarus. And the tons of other titles being made for the console. And now I'm strongly considering buying a 3DS on launch day, as I did with all of my other Nintendo handhelds.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Hey, anyone else hoping for a Virtual Boy Wario Land rerelease?
    Yes with full color all levels and maybe more extra levels after the final boss would be awesome. Make that Virtual Boy look like it was just a prototype!
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dam that 3DS is hot sh!t. That clip of Miyamoto and Iwata running from Bowser has me psyched for the new Mario game. Not to mention seeing Atlus' name on the name list of developers makes me think a new Trauma Center game is in the works....I hope.

But I'm wondering if the DS stylus was a prelude to the motion controls for the Wii, could the 3DS without the 3d glasses foreshadow that Wii HD is Wii 3D without the 3D TV?
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/